Monday, September 2, 2013

Dear Evelyn,
Up to this point in my life, I would not be okay with being awake at 4am. But right now I'm nursing you, you hungry little thing, and I don't ever want to forget this moment.
It's not a particularly special 4am. It's happened many times these past weeks, and it will happen many times again. But this morning I'm struck by how much I adore you. I'm charmed and amused by your little grunts and squeaks; your unabashed enthusiasm for eating. I'm loving the little smiles you've been giving me lately, especially when you realize I'm about to nurse you. Yesterday you pulled away couple times just to give me a dopey milk-smile before getting back to business.
I love the way you stretch and yawn when you're waking up. I love that smooshy little face and crazy bed-head hair.
And I want to hold on to this moment...hold on to you forever. Notice every little movement, every expression. Every baby noise. Keep you little like this, because the thought of you getting too big for me to hold breaks my heart.
You've won me over completely, little girl. Captured my heart fully and unconditionally...somehow I was changed 4 weeks ago, and I'll never be the same.
So I'll get up with you at 4am. Every 4am, if I need to. Even when your 5 and you've had a bad dream. Or when you're 16 and you just need to talk. I'll always be there if you need me, my sweet girl.
I love you so, so much.

- Mom

I love you forever, I like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment