Friday, September 20, 2013

Wisdom and Folly

Wisdom teeth, that is. And folly being that I didn't get this done years ago.
Well, at least this only happens once.
I don't think I could take many more days of stressing and obsessing over the possibility of dry socket.
This evening, after an especially long stint of researching dry socket and everything that could possibly go wrong after dental procedures (did you know there is a website called dentalfearcentral.com?), I coughed, and spurted out a ton of blood...which led to a call to the emergency hotline, which led to a discussion with a doctor, who said that it was normal, and to just put some gauze back in there for a while. I think my brain caused the problem, from worrying too much.
This isn't fun.
Plus I want pizza. Or a chicken caesar salad. Or a giant hamburger with tomato, ketchup and mustard, with a pickle on the side.
*sigh* And I'm stuck with liquids and yogurt. All blood-flavored.
Sorry, that's gross. Yet I feel a lot better when people know exactly how miserable I am. I like sympathy. I'll never understand people who suffer in silence. ;)

Evelyn slept a lot today, which I'll take as a personal favor...assuming she's not up all hours of the night tonight.
Or assuming she doesn't decide to do a repeat of Wednesday night's poopy adventure (see last blog post).

But after this, I should have a perfectly pain-free and enjoyable year. Anyone who gives birth and gets their wisdom teeth taken out within 7 weeks should get a clean bill of health for at least the next 12 months. Right.

Thankfully, the pain isn't bad. I'm just griping. Cuz I'm hungry.

Okay, goodnight. :)
~Briana





No comments:

Post a Comment