Sunday, September 8, 2013

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do!

Whenever Evelyn takes a nap (which is starting to be less frequent these days), I have a moment of panic, wherein I think of all the things that need to be done, and I'm not sure where to start.
Many times I just feel like SITTING. Just by myself, quietly, with nothing to do.
Then I notice the growing pile of laundry.
And all the laundry that I managed to DO, but not fold.
And the folded laundry that I haven't put away.
And the dishes.
And yesterday's hastily made food still on the table.
And then I realize I haven't made a decent meal for my husband in weeks.
And then I hear Evelyn stir, and her eyes pop open, and she wants me to feed/bounce/talk to her.

And then I break into hysterical, slightly crazed laughter.

;)

BUT, despite the general state of disrepair here at the VanderToorns, life is good. I LOVE being a mom! More and more, each day! I'm really starting to get the hang of things. Diapers, breastfeeding, etc.
And Evelyn's becoming more interactive each day, which is really fun. She smiles at me very often, which is evidently not very normal for a 5 week old? She makes great eye contact and she's started "talking" to me in a series of grunts, coos and squeaks. Endlessly entertaining. :)

And it's so much fun to dress her! Her head of hair is going to be increasingly fun to play with in the next months...so much hair, so little time! I'm keeping my eyes open for hair ribbons, clips, and headbands.

She's starting to make noises, which means my time is limited. I really should at least clean SOMETHING...

But there's a quick update for you. Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment